Piedmont Recreation Department Preschool Childcare Programs:
Tot Zone Frequently Asked Questions
How old must my child be to attend Tot Zone?
- Children eligible for Tot Zone must be 2 years old (Tot Zone: Two for Twos can be as young as 20 months) at the time of the first class session and are typically between the ages of 2 and 4.
Where is Tot Zone Located?
- Tot Zone is located on the first floor of the Recreation Department, 358 Hillside Avenue, in Piedmont.
What are the Dates and Times of Tot Zone?
- Tot Zone is a flexible schedule program that meets Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 1:00pm.
What is the duration of the Tot Zone Program?
- Tot Zone meets throughout the calendar year, yet is in observance of most academic holidays and breaks.
What is the class ratio?
- Three days a week (Monday, Tuesday and Friday), the Tot Zone program is broken into two classrooms at two sites. In each class there are up to 16 children to 2 teachers and, if needed, a preschool aide, a 8:1 (or 5:1 w/ aide) ratio.
How much does Tot Zone cost?
- Effective June 27, 2011, the daily rates for Tot Zone will be $49 for residents and $59 for non-residents.
How do I register/enroll my child for Tot Zone? When are Tot Zone calendars available?
- You do not have to pre-register your child into Tot Zone, as it is a year round drop in program.
- To secure a time slot for your child, please call Tot Zone at (510) 654-9508 or stop by the Recreation Department to pick up a Tot Zone Calendar.
- Calendars are created in three month increments. Calendars are available in the Tot Zone classroom or the Recreation Department Front Office on the second Monday before that month commences. (i.e. the November/December calendar will be available the second Monday in October).
- Children must be two years old on the first day of attendance (exception Two for Two’s classroom where children can be as young as 20 months).
Should my child be Potty Trained?
- Children who attend Tot Zone do not have to be potty trained, as we provide diapering on site. If your child is not potty trained. Please provide 3 diapers and a supply of wipes, daily.
Erin Rivera, Supervisor (510) 420-3072 | firstname.lastname@example.org