Piedmont Recreation Department Preschool Childcare Programs
Tiddlywinks 2011/2012 Frequently Asked Questions
How old must my child be to attend Tiddlywinks?
- Children eligible for Tiddlywinks must be born on or before December 2, 2009 and are 2 to 3 years old.
Where is Tiddlywinks Located?
- Tiddlywinks is located at the Lower Level of the Community Hall, 711 Highland Avenue, in Piedmont.
What are the Dates and Times of Tiddlywinks?
- Tiddlywinks meets on Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday. Each session meets from 9:00am until 12:00pm.
What is the duration of the Tiddlywinks Program?
- Tiddlywinks is a one year program that runs from September to May of the following calendar year. There is also a separate Summer Tiddlywinks session from June to August. Parents interested in both sessions must register for each program, as placement in Summer does not guarantee enrollment into the Fall program.
What is the class ratio?
- In each class there are 16 children to 3 teachers; a 5:1 ratio. Within each class, we prefer to balance the number of boys and girls in attendance.
How much does Tiddlywinks cost?
- Tiddlywinks is paid on a quarterly basis: Session I, II, III, & IV. Depending on number of classes per quarter, tuition varies slightly. There is also a marginal difference between resident and non-resident rates. A typical 8 week session of Tiddlywinks: MWF is $984 for residents and $1014 for non-residents and T/Th is $656 for residents and $686 for non-residents.
When can I register my child for Tiddlywinks for the 2011/2012 school year?
- You must submit a completed registration form with your $250 non-refundable deposit (Incomplete or unsigned registration forms will not be processed). Selections for preschool are done in a “lottery” style format.
- Piedmont resident pre-Registration deadline will be Friday, March 11, 2011, 5:00pm. Proof of residency is required at the time of registration. Use of grandparents or other Piedmont residences is not permitted.
- Non resident pre-Registration deadline will be held on Friday, March 25, 2010, 5:00pm.
- You will be notified by mail or email on the outcome of the lottery, usually within 7-10 days following the lottery cut-off date.
Registration/Enrollment throughout the 2011/2012 School Year
- A child may be enrolled, from the waitlist, throughout the 2011/2012 school year. Tuition rates for students enrolled during the course of the school year will be determined by the child’s first day of attendance.
Is there a deposit to enroll my child in Tiddlywinks?
- There is a one time non-refundable deposit of $250 that is required at the time of pre-Registration. If your child is enrolled into Tiddlywinks, your $250 deposit will be deducted from your first session tuition. If your child is placed on the waiting list, your deposit will be refunded.
Should my child be Potty Trained?
- Children who attend Tiddlywinks do not have to be potty trained as we provide diapering on site.
Can I register for more than one program, including Tiddlywinks?
- You may register for multiple programs although we will only be able to enroll your child in one of these programs and one class session only (i.e. either First Step or Tiddlywinks and either MWF or T/Th, not both).
Erin Rivera, Supervisor (510) 420-3072 | firstname.lastname@example.org