Recreation Department: Sports Programs & Facilities
The Recreation Department offers a variety of sports programs for both elementary and middle school age childrem. The department is also responsible for the city tennis courts and the skate park.
David Weisgerber, Recreation Supervisor - (510) 420-3074
Lenny Parker, Program Coordinator - (510) 420-3074
- Middle school (cross country, flag football, volleyball, basketball, track and field)
- Youth (grades 3-5) sports (mini super-stars, flag football and basketball)
- Summer sports camps for golf, tennis, basketball, baseball, volleyball, lacrosse, and many more
- Summer T-Ball program for ages 5- 6.
PMS Boosters (formerly PASS) – Piedmont Middle School Boosters is an organization of parents that assists and works closely with the Recreation Department in the operation of the PMS Sports Program.
The department also sponsors adult basketball and softball programs.
The Recreation Supervisor is also responsible for the operation and maintenance of the city tennis courts and the skate park.
Sport Facilities Loccations and Directions
- Piedmont Recreation Department/Picnic Area, 358 Hillside Avenue, Piedmont, CA
- Piedmont Sports Field (Hampton Field), Corner of Hampton and LaSalle, Piedmont, CA
- Linda Beach Playfield, 333 Linda Avenue, Piedmont, CA
- Coaches Field, 898 Red Rock Road, Piedmont, CA
- Witter Field (adjacent to the corner of El Cerrito and Magnolia Avenues)
Residents who purchase a tennis decal each year have priority use of the city tennis courts and are entitled to reserve tennis court time in advance. Tennis decals are valid from October 1 through September 30. Reservations can be made by visiting the Recreation Department offices or by phoning 420-3070. Proof of residency must be provided in order to purchase a tennis decal. Tennis decals are $40 per year for adults and $20 for youth 17 years of age or under.
Location of Courts
|Linda Beach - 2 Courts||Piedmont Sports Field - 2 Courts|
|Linda Avenue, next to Linda Beach Playfield||Hampton Road and LaSalle Avenue|
|Park Courts - 2 Courts||Recreation - 4 Courts|
|Piedmont Park at Highland Avenue and Guilford Road||Vista and Bonita Avenues|
Please contact the Recreation Supervisor with any Tennis questions at (510) 420-3074.
Lenny Parker, Skate Park Coordinator - (510) 420-3074
Skate Park Monitor - (510) 388-5091
The park is located adjacent to Coaches Field on Moraga Avenue. The park is monitored and helmets and pads are required for use of the park.
Skate Park Hours
Monday/Wednesday/Friday - 3:00 p.m. to Dusk Tuesday/Thursday - Closed
Saturday 3 p.m. to Dusk
Sunday 3 p.m. to Dusk
*Kennelly Skate Park is closed in inclement weather.
**Closed on New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Memorial Day Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day Sunday, Labor Day, Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving Wednesday, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve
BMX Bicycle Rules and Schedule
- Helmet, knee and elbow pads must be worn at all times.
- Riders must have an ID permit in their possession in order to use the park. No exceptions. ID permits may be obtained at no charge through the Piedmont Recreation Department. (510)420-3074.
- Absolutely no bicycles equipped with pegs or any device that extends beyond the frame of the bicycle permitted.
- BMX bicycle use time is restricted to the following schedule (subject to demand):
3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
3:00 p.m. to 42:30 p.m.