Public Transit in Piedmont
Did you know that transportation represents half of Piedmont's greenhouse gas emissions? One of the best ways that Piedmonters can reduce their emissions is to take advantage of the ample public transit options available to them. Where ever you're traveling to in the Bay Area or beyond, there are numerous options available to you using public transit.
Piedmont's BART Shuttle - AC Transit Bus 11
One of Piemdont's greatest public transit resources is AC Transit's bus #11. Each half hour, the 11 bus gives Piedmonters access to downtown Oakland, BART, and destinations beyond. The ride from downtown Piedmont to 19th Street BART is just 15 minutes. Click here to access the full schedule for AC Transit's Line 11.
Below is a full breakdown of the public transit options available to Piedmonters.
phone: 511 and say "AC Transit"
- Lines Serving Piedmont (Click on the line number for schedules and maps)
- 11 - Oakland Avenue, Downtown Oakland, BART (19th St., 12th St., & Lake Merritt stations), & the Fruitvale District. AC Transit made minor schedule changes to this line effective March 28, 2010.
- 12 - Grand Avenue, Piedmont Avenue, Temescal / Telegraph Shopping District, & BART (19th St., 12th St., and MacArthur stations). AC Transit reconfigured this route effective March 28, 2010. While the Piedmont portion will be unaffected, the sections of this route that run in North Oakland and Berkeley will change.
- C - Transbay Bus - San Francisco via MacArthur BART and Emeryville. AC Transit reduced the number of trips on this line by two in the morning and four in the afternoon, effective March 28, 2010.
- P - Transbay Bus - San Francisco direct via Oakland Avenue. AC Transit reduced the number of trips on this line by two in the morning and four in the afternoon, effective March 28, 2010.
Bay Area Rapid Transit
Train Service to San Francisco, Richmond, Fremont, Concord, as well as San Francisco and Oakland Airports
- Stations Closest to Piedmont (Click on station name for more information)
- Rockridge - 5660 College Avenue, Oakland, CA 94618
- MacArthur - 555 40th Street, Oakland, CA 94609 - Accessible by AC Transit lines C & 12
- 19th Street Oakland - 1900 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612 - Accessible by AC Transit lines 11 & 12
- 12th Street Oakland City Center - 1245 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612 - Accessible by AC Transit lines 11 & 12
- Lake Merritt - 800 Madison Street, Oakland, CA 94607 - Accessible by AC Transit line 11
East Bay Paratransit
East Bay Paratransit gives rides to people who have a disability or a health condition that prevents them from using buses or BART trains. AC Transit and BART established this service to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. East Bay Paratransit takes riders from where they are to where they want to go, in a sedan or lift-equipped van. It's not necessary to wait at a bus stop or go to a BART station.