The members of the Piedmont Police Department are dedicated to providing peak police services intended to enhance community safety, protect life and property, and reduce the impact and fear of crime. We will form an alliance with our community that strives to maintain the high standards of safety and quality of life Piedmonters have come to expect.
Always working toward a crime-free community.
Values: The Piedmont Way
The members of the Piedmont Police Department agree to be held to a high level of professionalism. To meet this standard, we value “The Piedmont Way...”
- Persistence - We will be resolute in keeping the safety of the public paramount in our attentions. Safeguarding the lives and property of our citizens is our primary mandate.
- Integrity - We will conduct ourselves in a manner that brings credit and honor to our City, our department, our profession, and our peers. We will be truthful at all times.
- Education - Through consistent communication we will make available educational opportunities for our citizens aimed at crime prevention. We will provide training for the personal, professional, and organizational development of our employees.
- Dignity - We will strive to do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason.
- Motivation - Employee involvement in departmental activities will be encouraged to maintain a positive and productive working environment.
- Ownership - We expect our personnel to be invested in service to the community. We will employ and promote only those who embrace our high standards, both in practice and in mind.
- Neutrality - We will be impartial. All persons should expect fair treatment from this department, and will not be subjected to favoritism. We recognize the value of working in a diverse community.
- Teamwork - We will work together with our fellow public employees and members of the community to address concerns related to our mission.