Piedmont Police Administration
The Office of the Chief provides overall administration and management of the Police Department to ensure appropriate service levels to the community. Specific responsibilities include:
- Implementation and carrying out the policy and direction of the City Council and City Administrator.
- Providing the vision and direction for Department employees to enable and promote the enhanced quality of life in all of our neighborhoods and to always maintain a citizenry focus in the delivery of police services to the community.
- Appointment and retention of employees.
- Interacts with department union representatives and legal counsel.
- Preparation and administration of the budget.
- Maintenance of all personnel files and department records in accordance with city, state and federal requirements.
- Coordination with other departments and agencies in the delivery of services.
- Serves as the department representative to citizen groups, press relations, and professional organizations.
- Preparation of staff studies, and council reports.
- Investigation of all employee grievances and citizen complaints against the Department.
- Maintenance of the emphasis on community policing.
- Preparation of police clearance letters and concealed license permits.
Jeremy Bowers, Chief of Police
Chief Jeremy Bowers came to the Piedmont Police Department in September of 2014 and was promoted to Chief of Police in November of 2016. Prior to joining the PPD, Captain Bowers was a member of the San Jose Police Department where he served for eighteen years and worked a wide-array of assignments including Patrol, Field Training, Sexual Assault Investigations, Meganís Law/ 290 Enforcement team, Chiefís Adjutant/Office of the Chief, Patrol Watch Commander and Training Division Commander during his time as an officer, sergeant and lieutenant. Captain Bowers was awarded the Mover of Mountains Award in Public Safety & Community Bridge Building by the Dr. Marin Luther King Jr. Association of Santa Clara Valley and was instrumental in the formation and operation of the Chiefís Community Advisory Board while in San Jose. Captain Bowers received his undergraduate degree in the Administration of Justice from San Jose State University and Masterís degree in Criminology, Law & Society from the University of California, Irvine.
Lisa Douglas, Police Support Services Commander
Lisa Douglas began her career in law enforcement as a Public Safety Dispatcher in 1985 with the Los Gatos Police Department. In 1998, she joined the Piedmont Police Department and was promoted to Support Services Manager in 2012. Lisa holds a POST Basic Dispatch certificate, a POST Records Supervisor certificate, and a POST Supervisory certificate in addition to several professional and management certificates.