General Plan and Housing Element
The Piedmont City Council adopted the General Plan on April 6, 2009. The Plan is organized into 11 chapters (plus the table of contents). Each link below will open one of the Chapters. A link to the City’s General Plan Map is also included. The General Plan Map may also be found in Chapter 3 (Land Use Element).
The Plan is organized into 11 chapters (plus the Table of Contents). Each link below will open one of the chapters.
3. Land Use Element
4. Transportation Element
5. Natural Resources and Sustainability Element
6. Environmental Hazards Element
7. Parks, Recreation, and Open Space Element
8. Design and Preservation Element
9. Community Services and Facilities Element
10. Housing (Goals, Policies, and Actions Only) - See below for the adopted Housing Element
11. Agenda for Action
The 2007-2014 Housing Element was adopted by the City Council on June 6, 2011 and has been certified by the State of California Department of Housing and Community Development. The Element is part of the General Plan and includes the City’s policies for housing construction, conservation, and affordability. An update to the Housing Element is underway, covering the planning period from 2015-2023. Adoption is expected in January 2015. Click here for more information on the update.